Bah Hometest. Critique?
Jan. 24th, 2011 | 10:49 pm
music: Crystalised by The XX
posted by: shcarts in cooperunion
Anyways what the heck. Here was my attempt at the Hometest. Or part of it.
I will explain the prompts that were not included in my flickr set. (4,5,6) I didn't get to take photos of them before I sent it. D:
- Draw three pieces of furniture from observation. Create a new piece of furniture from a combination of these drawings.
- A self portrait including both a view of the top of your head and the bottom of your feet.
- A view around a corner or quaquaversal.
- A Sequence or series of images created over the course of seven consecutive days, which records the passage of time or an unfolding event. Binded into a book. I drew over a period of 7 days the development of a girl who wakes up with no legs only to find a pencil next to her on the table. Over the next seven days the girl takes the time to carefully redraw the legs the had been missing. It sounds crazy, but the idea is that "An artist without foundation is like a person without legs." Which in this book is represented by the girl who finds the graphite pencil (the medium commonly used in foundation courses) and draws her legs back (which represents her developing foundational skills.), Then with the seven pages, I stab bound them into a book with pencil shavings all over the cover. Sadly I have no photos of it. D:
- Singularity. In my own context, I renamed it "Sing(le)larity.", I drew a pair of hands where the right hand is grabbing towards the left hand where the ring finger is, and I cut out where that ring was supposed to be. The dark background representing the darkness that first lingers when becoming single.
- Design a clock and/or calendar based on a unit of measurements other than time. I designed an hourglass that is in the shape of two tear drops (imagine an hourglass). And this hourglass measures the hour by the complete filling of a tear drop that measures at one liter. (I HATED THIS PROMPT. This will most definitely be my number one weakness during the admissions process.)
I understand that some pieces in this portfolio are included in the hometest. This is an updated portfolio that I sent to SVA so ja.
The portfolio I submitted to CU did not include the hometest materials.
Alot of illustrated works and portraits, but I definitely wish I had put in some of my still lifes...